Tuesday, December 4, 2012

IT’S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS…..

…………the dining table has transformed from the card factory packaging area to…..

002

Little Bo Peep….is looking for………….wait for it…………….well, you fill in the rest….

004

Hi Diddle Diddle……hum the rest…..

005

Mother Goose has to look up her rhyme….

006

Dum dee dum dum  or is it just Dum and Dee…

007

We decided to forgo the tree downstairs….wonder why?     Little Miss Destructo puppy, that’s why!  So, Nikka just put up the kiddies tree in the studio.

011

All the bears and a lost bunny are out…..

012

….bears everywhere…..

013

Nikka composed scenarios.  Here the cat is eyeing the parrot….

014

Mom loves these two that I got at a garage sale…they’re her favorites!

015

Here’s the bear riding the lamb….

016

Mr. Nutcracker enjoying his reflection thinking…”What a handsome fellow I am!”

051

Nikka said the penguin is on top of this present because he’s claiming it for Christmas!

053

A favorite ornament hand made by a dear student….

017

Oh bear you’re so cute with your little sweater….

018

This one ate too much and is ‘stuffed’….hahahahaha….

020

This fine fellow is fully electric and moves about when plugged in…..easy there fella….

021

This bunny took a wrong turn at Easter…..

022

Nikka has this guy in the sled being pulled by that reindeer….

023

….and the cow is tying the bow on the Hermes box…..

024

Did I show you the cat keeping an eye on the parrot….

025

Here again….mom’s favorite…

026

….and her mate….

027

Love Paddington Bear….

028

….the tree again…

029

….showed you this but like this shot better….

030

Who doesn’t love Betty Boop????

031

Betty you’re the cat’s meow…..or whatever they said in your day….Note the shoes next to her…Charles would get me these ‘shoes’ from the Metropolitan each year and there are about twenty now on the tree…..I’m an Emelda Marcos in miniature!

032

This you’ll love….the doll is reading a Christmas Tale to all the M&M’s under the tree….look close & you’ll see it.

033

I LOVE Pooh Bear!!!!

034

….the White Rabbit….

035

Healthy Santa loaded down…(and maybe loaded at that!)

036

Awwwwwwwwwwww…………

037

You have to look hard to see it, my childhood Raggedy Ann is petting my dog from the same era….Nikka said that was me!

039

Nikka said ‘this is adorable”!

040

Cute….

041

Beer anyone?….Got this one at Sur la Table…

042

And the cow jumped over the moon….

043

Snoopy is somewhere on the tree…..

044

Nikka said this one is Angel YUKI……

045

so….angel Yuki is flying near the other angels…..

046

Say goodnight kiddies….

047

All of us in Toyland wish you and all those you hold dear all the love your hearts can hold!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

No comments:

Introduction

There is no avoiding the pull of the internet, the blogs, the YouTube imaginings. It's as if we're all 'On the Road' with Jack Kerouac each in our own world of meanderings. When we tell someone to 'get a life' it might be a bit difficult when you're dragged into other people's 24/7.

I've come to realize two foundational principals, there are no accidents and everyone has a purpose. More and more I'm desiring everyone to come into a full realization of their purpose as we all find our way on this little jewel of a planet.

For me, as a professional 'Western style artist', I stumbled into Chinese Brush Painting after a trip in 1980 to Monet's home/garden. Seeing all of his collection of Japanese woodblock prints was an ahh haa moment for me and when I returned to the States I started painting in the Chinese manner and never looked back. The first year was extremely painful for me as I felt that I should be able to master the technique since I was a 'trained' artist. Not a chance ... that just gets in your way.

Now, after teaching close to 3,000 students and having my book 'The Ch'i of the Brush' published by Watson Guptill, I can say that every one of my students does better their first day than I did my first year! Why? Because I insist that they leave their critical parent outside and just enjoy the journey, respecting the work that they do. I never let anyone throw anything away because that just ingrains frustration and defeat.

We really only begin to learn when we stop and figure out how to 'save' a painting. It works every time.I am so proud of my students, their receptivity and eagerness to express themselves is a continuing blessing for me.So, back to finding your purpose. Perhaps it starts with realizing 'it's not about me'. It so easy to want our needs met and to filter everything thru this attitude. When we realize that we're here to be of benefit to every life that we touch the universe really provides the ways and means.

The best part is that it's really exciting to not have yourself on your mind all the time!I'm re-reading a wonderful book about authenticity and in my next meandering I'll tell you about it. In the meantime I'd love to hear about your journey and am here to answer any and all questions about Chinese Brush Painting.