Thursday, February 5, 2015

YOU'LL DANCE AT THE WEDDING.......

 

……was the instruction from Lizzie Girl.  John-David, her awesome son was to be married to the lovely and multi-talented Joy last Friday evening at the Four Season’s in Westlake Village.  More on the dancing later…………

I met Miss Judith & Eileen…..where their Kitty Mamma Chee  was questioning me…..

IMG 4280

It appears I’m not the only one with an amazing view…..

IMG 4282

Off we went…….

I had a terrible time taking photos.  During the reception, which was outside, the light was too low and I didn’t want to use my flash…it’s sooooo annoying for others.

 Here’s Lizzie Girl, beautiful mother of the groom with Miss Judith and Eileen….

IMG 4291

Hmmmmm…..what did I miss?

IMG 4305

Always food….….

IMG 4302

These wonderful ahi-tuna amuse-bouche were a take off on the little cones that are presented at The French Laundry in Yountville. And no, I didn’t eat all of them!

IMG 4301

 

 

Surfer Dude Justin presided over the ceremonies.  Everyone is appalled that I call him ‘Surfer Dude’ as he is a full professor at Harvard and I am always corrected.  (But guys, he does love to surf!)

How precious to watch this beautiful couple take their vows…...

IMG 4359

These delightful party favors contained chocolate and our seating numbers….

IMG 4286

One of the beautiful tables….

IMG 4285

Here’s ours…..

IMG 4319

IMG 4345

The following few photos for foodies only…..

IMG 4480

IMG 4418

 

IMG 4448

Are you waiting for dessert???

IMG 4464

I love this picture of Miss Judith….just wish it were sharper…..

IMG 4384

Here’s Cutie Eileen…...

IMG 4415

Of course Mr. & Mrs. Perry, the handsome couple, went around and greeted everyone including yours truly...

IMG 4442

Lizzie’s brother is seated to the left and Joy’s parents are next to Lizzie….

IMG 4409

O.K., so what about the dancing’ you ask.  Well, keep in mind that I had a class the next day so as much as I would have loved to I sat it out.  Eileen however is quite the Dancing Queen as is Lizzie! It was great fun to watch but I missed some good shots…….

This is what has to happen when you dance!!!

IMG 4468

 

Thank you dear Lizzie for including me in this memorable evening……I shall always cherish it in my heart as I do your friendship!

No comments:

Introduction

There is no avoiding the pull of the internet, the blogs, the YouTube imaginings. It's as if we're all 'On the Road' with Jack Kerouac each in our own world of meanderings. When we tell someone to 'get a life' it might be a bit difficult when you're dragged into other people's 24/7.

I've come to realize two foundational principals, there are no accidents and everyone has a purpose. More and more I'm desiring everyone to come into a full realization of their purpose as we all find our way on this little jewel of a planet.

For me, as a professional 'Western style artist', I stumbled into Chinese Brush Painting after a trip in 1980 to Monet's home/garden. Seeing all of his collection of Japanese woodblock prints was an ahh haa moment for me and when I returned to the States I started painting in the Chinese manner and never looked back. The first year was extremely painful for me as I felt that I should be able to master the technique since I was a 'trained' artist. Not a chance ... that just gets in your way.

Now, after teaching close to 3,000 students and having my book 'The Ch'i of the Brush' published by Watson Guptill, I can say that every one of my students does better their first day than I did my first year! Why? Because I insist that they leave their critical parent outside and just enjoy the journey, respecting the work that they do. I never let anyone throw anything away because that just ingrains frustration and defeat.

We really only begin to learn when we stop and figure out how to 'save' a painting. It works every time.I am so proud of my students, their receptivity and eagerness to express themselves is a continuing blessing for me.So, back to finding your purpose. Perhaps it starts with realizing 'it's not about me'. It so easy to want our needs met and to filter everything thru this attitude. When we realize that we're here to be of benefit to every life that we touch the universe really provides the ways and means.

The best part is that it's really exciting to not have yourself on your mind all the time!I'm re-reading a wonderful book about authenticity and in my next meandering I'll tell you about it. In the meantime I'd love to hear about your journey and am here to answer any and all questions about Chinese Brush Painting.