Monday, June 24, 2019

A WEDDING AND BIRTHDAYS AND JOY OH MY

Is anything more joyful than seeing two people who are so perfect for each other, knowing the miracle of their meeting, their journey and life together? Eliza and Tyler bring so much joy to everyone around them that it's no wonder they have more friends than can be counted.

The night before their marriage there was a party at Terroni DYLA for about 500 of their closest friends! (I'm laughing!)

Wedding day was bright and clear as the beautiful bride examined her wedding dress at lovely sister Marine's home.

Looks like all my photo's were video's during the ceremony but here's one just after. Marine and Aram's home is so perfect for celebrations I suggested they rent it out!

Of course my favorite girl, precious Alyssa, flower girl and niece of the bride.

Later that evening there was a celebratory dinner at Playa Studios in Culver City with far too many guests to number.  This is one of the table seating charts....I'm in here somewhere.

I did say birthdays didn't I?  Here's a few.
Nikka always starts mine at midnight the night before and it's always a complete surprise.



A world of thanks to my precious friends...
Marine and Eliza,,,

Joycie treated me at the Peninsula which was a complete surprise, balloons and all!

Dear Carol joined me at the Robinson Garden's event to celebrate my birthday.

And Amy's precious friend Lilia brought me a birthday cake!

Sweet Patricia got 2 cakes for the first of three planned days.  (There's one more to go.)

Maggie at Julienne's...

Sweet Patricia helped me and Joycie celebrate in the Polo Lounge.....

We took the remaining champagne home in paper cups!  So funny!!!

Joycie and I both got cake!

Laurie Pie at Monsieur Marcel in the Original Farmer's Market after lunch and a movie!

With my very uber-private friend at Avra. I had not been there and highly recommend it.  Great place!

Ca Del Sole with Maria and Nikka...

Panna Cotta birthday cake!

Thank you Lovely Mary for always remembering!

That's it for now.  Four more to go and then we wait for next year!

May you always have cake to wish upon!









No comments:

Introduction

There is no avoiding the pull of the internet, the blogs, the YouTube imaginings. It's as if we're all 'On the Road' with Jack Kerouac each in our own world of meanderings. When we tell someone to 'get a life' it might be a bit difficult when you're dragged into other people's 24/7.

I've come to realize two foundational principals, there are no accidents and everyone has a purpose. More and more I'm desiring everyone to come into a full realization of their purpose as we all find our way on this little jewel of a planet.

For me, as a professional 'Western style artist', I stumbled into Chinese Brush Painting after a trip in 1980 to Monet's home/garden. Seeing all of his collection of Japanese woodblock prints was an ahh haa moment for me and when I returned to the States I started painting in the Chinese manner and never looked back. The first year was extremely painful for me as I felt that I should be able to master the technique since I was a 'trained' artist. Not a chance ... that just gets in your way.

Now, after teaching close to 3,000 students and having my book 'The Ch'i of the Brush' published by Watson Guptill, I can say that every one of my students does better their first day than I did my first year! Why? Because I insist that they leave their critical parent outside and just enjoy the journey, respecting the work that they do. I never let anyone throw anything away because that just ingrains frustration and defeat.

We really only begin to learn when we stop and figure out how to 'save' a painting. It works every time.I am so proud of my students, their receptivity and eagerness to express themselves is a continuing blessing for me.So, back to finding your purpose. Perhaps it starts with realizing 'it's not about me'. It so easy to want our needs met and to filter everything thru this attitude. When we realize that we're here to be of benefit to every life that we touch the universe really provides the ways and means.

The best part is that it's really exciting to not have yourself on your mind all the time!I'm re-reading a wonderful book about authenticity and in my next meandering I'll tell you about it. In the meantime I'd love to hear about your journey and am here to answer any and all questions about Chinese Brush Painting.