Tuesday, December 6, 2016

AUDREY ZEITOUNI LASKY is a FORCE of NATURE...

…..that I encountered by sheer serendipity at' The Peninsula' hotel in Beverly Hills!
14907030 1812773548980602 6655175082724464888 n

But wait, let me back track and begin at the beginning.

Most of you know my aversion to spa time.  (Lisa B. knows full well.) In any event, I had lunch with Beautiful Susi at  the Peninsula’s 'Roof Garden'. IMG 7401 I don’t know how the subject even came up but we spoke of getting massages.  Well, the spa was right there and after a very rough week it actually sounded wonderful to me so….off I went after our lunch. IMG 7409 I can usually intuit most things but the spa’s locker system seemed to be way above my pay grade and even after getting help from the staff I still couldn’t lock my locker!  Well, in breezes this delightful ‘Force of Nature’ in an exotic sarong showing the most buff arms on planet earth who proceeds to instruct me in proper locker locking!  Don’t think it was easy or that it just took a moment so during the course of all the problem solving we really connected and I knew this was someone I wanted to share life with.  We exchanged business cards and as they say, the rest is history!  Awesome Audrey flew in a month later from San Francisco to see me at….wait for it….'The Peninsula'.

IMG 8402

 We had a delightful lunch in the Belvedere Room and I wonder whose flowers are on the table???  Oh right….Le Jardin Privé 

IMG 8406

 The day isn’t over….time for dinner at 'The Roof Garden'…….I know Clara, why don’t I just move in?

IMG 8423

 But wait…there’s more……Chatting up with the most amazing, delightful, pianist extraordinaire, Antonio Castillo de la Gala who serenades us in 'The Living Room' at 'The Peninsula'.

IMG 8427

It turns out that Audrey and I are so simpatico we're e-mailing back and forth even when she is in New York at 'The Peninsula' of course. Is she the cutest or what!

15337427 1817241285200495 7698110778516950341 n

I want you to meet Audrey’s prince….Hubby Hal.  It’s important for later on when you hear the rest of the story.  For now, the darling couple.15202572 1812247495699874 3616102237589305618 n

 I mean honestly, can you stand it?  These two look like they’re on their honeymoon.

15235392 1817331885191435 5158962365554403173 o

Audrey’s moving life’s story and her purpose are now combined in her mission to bring health and wellness to people.  She has formed a health and fitness consulting company and her motto is "For a lifetime of optimum health & fitness Get a C.L.E.W. for Life! ® "CLIMB, LIFT & EAT WELL...” ® “  You’ll be hearing more about this wonderful venture in the months ahead.  In the meantime, let’s all follow Audrey’s advice and ‘CLIMB, LIFT and EAT WELL!"

I wish you joy!

Le Jardin Privé

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dearest Nan,
I love this story of you and Audrey. Your open heart brings the most fascinating people into your life. Hearts like yours attract like hearts. Audrey obviously is a special soul.

Lisa

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this! It's true, Audrey is not only the most health inspiring women I've met, but also the most humble. Her ambition and passion for health and fitness is contagious!
Also, the eternal love Hal and Audrey share is palpable. I love their love.

Introduction

There is no avoiding the pull of the internet, the blogs, the YouTube imaginings. It's as if we're all 'On the Road' with Jack Kerouac each in our own world of meanderings. When we tell someone to 'get a life' it might be a bit difficult when you're dragged into other people's 24/7.

I've come to realize two foundational principals, there are no accidents and everyone has a purpose. More and more I'm desiring everyone to come into a full realization of their purpose as we all find our way on this little jewel of a planet.

For me, as a professional 'Western style artist', I stumbled into Chinese Brush Painting after a trip in 1980 to Monet's home/garden. Seeing all of his collection of Japanese woodblock prints was an ahh haa moment for me and when I returned to the States I started painting in the Chinese manner and never looked back. The first year was extremely painful for me as I felt that I should be able to master the technique since I was a 'trained' artist. Not a chance ... that just gets in your way.

Now, after teaching close to 3,000 students and having my book 'The Ch'i of the Brush' published by Watson Guptill, I can say that every one of my students does better their first day than I did my first year! Why? Because I insist that they leave their critical parent outside and just enjoy the journey, respecting the work that they do. I never let anyone throw anything away because that just ingrains frustration and defeat.

We really only begin to learn when we stop and figure out how to 'save' a painting. It works every time.I am so proud of my students, their receptivity and eagerness to express themselves is a continuing blessing for me.So, back to finding your purpose. Perhaps it starts with realizing 'it's not about me'. It so easy to want our needs met and to filter everything thru this attitude. When we realize that we're here to be of benefit to every life that we touch the universe really provides the ways and means.

The best part is that it's really exciting to not have yourself on your mind all the time!I'm re-reading a wonderful book about authenticity and in my next meandering I'll tell you about it. In the meantime I'd love to hear about your journey and am here to answer any and all questions about Chinese Brush Painting.