Thursday, May 12, 2016

HOW THE REILLY'S ROLL.....

….I’ve mentioned before how I love my Sandie Girl ‘fix' each weekend and this was no exception.  Brunch at the Reilly’s...The cutest part was watching the male guests surround Sandie Girl at the grill...

IMG 2188

One was in charge of the bacon because after all….it’s all about the bacon!

IMG 2199Another assisted with the blueberry pancakes….Sandie even made her own Blueberry syrup for the pancakes.  Soooo good!

IMG 2197If you  want to pretend you’re back in Paris eating a croissant then dash over to Nichole’s Gourmet Foods in South Pas.  These yummylicious treats come frozen and are the best ever short of France where they’re flown in from.

IMG 2204

They’re almost all gone here……..IMG 2186Mmmmmmmm, sooooo good!

IMG 2220This little piggy could not fill her plate high enough!

IMG 2200Time out poolside…..

IMG 2211

IMG 2208Thank you Jim and Sandie Girl for a memorable time!

IMG 2226Marsha, my grade school friend from Chicago, said I simply must see ‘The First Monday in May’ which coincidentally was playing at the Laemmle in Pasadena.

IMG 2237

IMG 2245

This documentary follows the creation of the Metropolitan Museum of Arts most attended fashion exhibition in history, 'China:Through the Looking Glass’.

I can’t rave enough about this fascinating movie and you can watch it at home by going to www.thefirstmondayinmay.com

IMG 2238

To polish off my movie ‘fix’ I also saw ‘Our Last Tango’ which is a documentary about Argentine tango dancers Maria Nieves Rego & Juan Carlos Copes and their love hate relationship throughout their career as tango partners.  That one is still at the Laemmle.

IMG 2246

The shipping department has these e-bay shoes ready to go!IMG 2253

Puppy gets her bath and this time Liz had no difficulty getting her into the tub and we had no problem with her escaping afterwards.  All is well!

IMG 2269

Lizzie and I meet again at Bloomies for our Smoothie fix….

IMG 2299Hmmmmm….I have a memory of getting a mattress last year about this time after lunch with Lizzie at Bloomies…..Yup, I did it again!  (Long story.)

IMG 2306

When I need a special gift here’s my go to gal at Jo Malone’s in Bloomingdales!

IMG 2305

Can I even begin to describe how delighted we are to have Trudy back from her two month sojourn in Europe?  Truth is Kita is besides herself with joy!

IMG 2311I’m finding it very hard to share these Neuhaus chocolates.  Thank you dear Trudy!

May your days be filled with sweetness!!!IMG 2312

No comments:

Introduction

There is no avoiding the pull of the internet, the blogs, the YouTube imaginings. It's as if we're all 'On the Road' with Jack Kerouac each in our own world of meanderings. When we tell someone to 'get a life' it might be a bit difficult when you're dragged into other people's 24/7.

I've come to realize two foundational principals, there are no accidents and everyone has a purpose. More and more I'm desiring everyone to come into a full realization of their purpose as we all find our way on this little jewel of a planet.

For me, as a professional 'Western style artist', I stumbled into Chinese Brush Painting after a trip in 1980 to Monet's home/garden. Seeing all of his collection of Japanese woodblock prints was an ahh haa moment for me and when I returned to the States I started painting in the Chinese manner and never looked back. The first year was extremely painful for me as I felt that I should be able to master the technique since I was a 'trained' artist. Not a chance ... that just gets in your way.

Now, after teaching close to 3,000 students and having my book 'The Ch'i of the Brush' published by Watson Guptill, I can say that every one of my students does better their first day than I did my first year! Why? Because I insist that they leave their critical parent outside and just enjoy the journey, respecting the work that they do. I never let anyone throw anything away because that just ingrains frustration and defeat.

We really only begin to learn when we stop and figure out how to 'save' a painting. It works every time.I am so proud of my students, their receptivity and eagerness to express themselves is a continuing blessing for me.So, back to finding your purpose. Perhaps it starts with realizing 'it's not about me'. It so easy to want our needs met and to filter everything thru this attitude. When we realize that we're here to be of benefit to every life that we touch the universe really provides the ways and means.

The best part is that it's really exciting to not have yourself on your mind all the time!I'm re-reading a wonderful book about authenticity and in my next meandering I'll tell you about it. In the meantime I'd love to hear about your journey and am here to answer any and all questions about Chinese Brush Painting.